Hard Coat Anodizing of Aluminum Components for an Automotive Transmission Application
Elm Plating Company was commissioned to hard coat anodize automotive transmission components made from 6061 Aluminum. We racked, cleaned, rinsed, coated, and packaged 1,000,000+ pieces measuring 2.8957" - 2.8799" in length and 0.3935" - 0.3939" in diameter. We performed all the required testing per AMS2469 to assure the quality and workmanship our customers’ demands were in fact exceeded. Our clients were pleased with our prompt turnaround time and commitment to outstanding overall service.
To learn more about Elm Plating and our coating capabilities, please contact us.
Hard Coat Anodizing Project Highlights
- Project Name
- Aluminum Component
- Product Description
- This hard coat anodized component is used within an automotive transmission application.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Hard Coat Anodizing
- Equipment Used to Plate Part
- Rack Hardcoat Anodize System
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Coating Thickness: 0.0015" - 0.0025"
Length: 2.8957" - 2.8799"
Diameter: 0.3935" - 00.3939"
- Tightest Tolerances
- Thickness of 0.0015" - 0.0025"
- Material Used
- Material Finish
- As Hard Coated
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Visual Inspection
Thickness / Coating Weight
- Industry for Use
- Standards Met
- Delivery Location